Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Richard Byrne-“Free Technology for Teachers”



This blog has a wealth of technological information about free apps, internet resources and tutorials. As I was perusing through the blog, I came across a few new things that I am excited to try in my classroom. I loved the iPad Apps for School tab. I am always looking for educational apps to download and this is a great resource. I also use ABCya. com in my classroom and was excited to learn that this site offers a place where kids can make Word Clouds. This is a tool my students could use during our Daily 5 literacy block. As I was reading through some of Richard’s posts, I came across an app called Haiku Deck. I instantly downloaded Haiku Deck on my iPad. This app helps you make slide presentations with the pictures you choose. There is also a way to add several words and phrases to each slide. I think this is something that even my kindergarteners could (HELP) create! I also appreciated the Google tutorials. For someone like me who has a lot to learn about technology, it’s nice to know I have somewhere to go to get help.

Richard Byrne’s blog is an inspiration to keep my blog going. I think it would be fun share what I know about kindergarten and products that I have created with other teachers around the world. I always love looking at other kindergarten blogs!
Click here to access his blog.
~Nicole~

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Nicole Dein and I created this blog for a masters class at Peru State College.