Saturday, March 23, 2013

Twitter Reflection


When I first started this class I had never joined Twitter or had any plans to.  I thought it would just be another time consuming part of social media.  I also never saw it as having any value to education.  I admit I was WRONG!  I am following so many amazing teachers and have already learned a lot from them.  I participated into 2 chats for class: #edchat and #552peru.  I felt #edchat to be overwhelming and I couldn’t keep up with reading and responding to others posts, but our class chat flowed a lot smoother and we shared some great TED Videos and online resources with each other. A chat that I participated on my own was #kinderchat.  There are so many smart kindergarten teachers out there that have amazing resources.  I am really learning a lot from @mattBgomez.  He is always posting a free app of the day and has even created a space for a lot of great kindergarten videos on Symbaloo under Kinderchat! Click here to view it. I have shared this resource with my fellow kinder teachers and we appreciate the knowledge. I will continue to use Twitter personally and professionally after this class because I see the value in connecting with other teachers around the world.  I even linked up with another kindergarten teacher from the other Peru Cohort and we have tweeted and now follow each other on Pinterest to share ideas.  I would have never known her if it had not been for this Twitter experience!  I am looking forward to learning more from others!
 
~Nicole~

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Nicole Dein and I created this blog for a masters class at Peru State College.